Today is the 85th Anniversary of the 21st Amendment which made it legal to sell booze again.
You know what to do.
Here is how I like to mix my Martinis:
- Drop four or five ice cubes into a shaker along with 4 parts Beefeater to 1 part dry vermouth.
- Stirred, not shaken, unless you want it cloudy and with chips of ice in it. Stir in such a way as to not break the cubes, just get them swirling around the shaker.
- Keep stirring. How long? Longer than you think. The longer you stir the more the ice melts and the smoother the gin becomes. So unless you are a British prostitute and like your gin straight, keep stirring.
- Pour it into a martini glass through a strainer.
- Garnish with a lemon peel